Project Management Level 5 Course
Our Project Management Level 5 Course is accredited by the Services Seta and material covers SAQA ID: 58395 – 120 credits – 25 DAYS Can be offered as a 12-month learnership programme with 25 days of in-class attendance. Cost: R28, 500 ex vat Employers placing their employees on this learnership programme are eligible to receive a R22,400.00 tax rebate from SARS for each learner.
Most organisations are directing their efforts at growing market-share through formally structured and controlled initiatives. These initiatives are generally recognised as being projects.
Managing a project, as a value driver for your organisation, requires disciplines that can be acquired through formal training.
We, at Imsimbi, provide a course that will take you through the classical approaches and phases that are internationally recognised as being crucial for successful project delivery.
This certificate course will enable you to face complex project challenges with confidence, prepare you to deal with common challenges and find creative solutions – all within recognised and accepted processes.
This course will be suitable for anyone wishing to advance their project management skills. Project management is a highly marketable skill in our growing economy – we need more skilled and competent project managers.
This level 5 qualification will give you a highly marketable qualification when advancing in your career. See our second advanced project management course here.
A Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the project’s objects and aims. Moreover, it his or her job to make sure that project goals and objectives are achieved on time, within budget and with the required quality. Project Managers generally have the following duties and tasks:
- The drawing up of a detailed project plan
- Assembling a competent project team and obtaining resources that will be needed
- Motivating project team members
- Managing risk in relation to the project
- Delegating tasks efficiently, and following up on progress
- Communicating with all relevant stakeholders and providing regular progress reports
- Negotiating and contracting with external suppliers and service providers
- Evaluating the project once it has been completed
Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively in a professional manner, add value to their job and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures. On achieving the competencies included in this qualification, the learners may advance their careers in Project Management, Project Support Services or General Management within an organisation, across all sectors.
It is against this background that the programme has been clustered into the five MODULES. The break-down of the skills programmes is highlighted below:
- MODULE 1: MANAGE PROJECT SCOPE AND TIME
- MODULE 2: MANAGE PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS
- MODULE 3: MANAGE PROJECT FINANCES
- MODULE 4: MANAGE APPLICATION OF PROJECT INTEGRATIVE PROCESSES
- MODULE 5: MONITOR ,CONTROL EXECUTION AND PROJECT CLOSURE MANAGEMENT