Fast Food Services Level 3
26 in-class days: Cost: R25, 000 ex vat This course is to be accredited by the Cathsseta and material covers SAQA ID 14115 at NQF Level 3 worth 133 credits Can be offered as a learnership. Employers are eligible to receive a R22,400.00 tax rebate from SARS for each learner on a learnership.
This qualification has been developed for the fast food and restaurant industry. It brings together elements of food and drink preparation, service and supervision. The main focus of the learning programme is Food Preparation & Cooking and also includes Health & Safety; Food Service; Food storage and Stock Management; Customer Care, Effective working relationships & Personal Development.
It also caters for subfield of the hospitality industry which serves the public at large, through a variety of outlets, whether small or large (industrial mass catering), general or specialized food outlets.
This learning programme is particularly aimed at candidates who want recognition and/or qualification within the fast food industry and is also applicable to the following Catering Operations employees:
- Food Production Staff
- Industrial /Mass Catering Cooks
- Canteen Cooks
- Food Service Assistants
- General Assistants
- Kitchen Food handlers
- Unemployed Youth who want to work as Cooks / Assistant Cooks
Entry Level Requirements
It is assumed that a GEC certificate or equivalent has been obtained by the candidate at level 1.
Learners should have basic reading and writing skills.
The delegate should have access to restaurant and Kitchen Environment with ability to prepare and serve food.
There also needs to be access to pay point, customers and the stock control environment.
On completion of this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Operate a computer
- Deal with customers
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Display Cultural Awareness in dealing with Customers & Colleagues
- Communicate verbally
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff
- Maintain health hygiene and professional appearance
- Perform basic calculations
- Prepare written communications
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage
- Accept and store food deliveries
- Prepare and clear areas for counter service
- Prepare and clear areas for take – away service
- Provide a counter service & Provide a take away service
- Describe layout, services and facilities of the organisation
- Maintain secure & safe working environment
- Describe the Sectors of the Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Industries
- Conduct on-job coaching
- Operate a payment point and process payments
- Develop self within the job role
- Source information about self-employment opportunities
- Handle and record refunds
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Maintain the receipt, storage and issue of goods
- Contribute to the identification of short term supply needs
- Maintain a cleaning programme for own area of responsibility
- Provide First Aid
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security
Course content currently unavailable.