General Management NQF Level 4 Course
Our General Management NQF Level 4 Course is accredited by the Services Seta and material covers SAQA ID 57712 at NQF Level 4 worth 150 credits This FETC programme can be offered as a 12-month learnership programme with 20 days of in-class attendance for learners with at least matric. Learners without matric will additionally do Module 5. Cost: R26, 000 ex vat Employers placing their employees on this learnership programme are eligible to receive a R22,400.00 tax rebate from SARS for each learner.
This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
The focus of this qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Complying with organisational standards.
- Motivating an individual or team.
- Negotiating in a work situation.
- Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
- Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.
The learners who achieve this qualification will be able to demonstrate competencies in management relating to Planning, Organising, Leading, Controlling and Ethics. Overall, this qualification will ensure that learners are capable of:
- Developing plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Leading a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Making decisions based on a code of ethics.
This qualification lays the foundation for the development of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It specifically develops management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who are currently operating as junior managers. The qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
The scope of management covers four domains: leadership, self-management, people management and management practices. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, thereby enabling learning programmes to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries. Provides opportunities for people to transfer between various specialisations within management. This will therefore enable management competencies to be strengthened, and enable managers to better manage systems, processes, resources, self, teams and individuals in various occupations. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work. Ultimately, this qualification is aimed at improving the productivity and efficiency of managers within all occupations in South Africa.
- Block 1: Team Management
- Block 2: Business Communication
- Block 3: Maths Numeracy
- Block 4: Performance Management & Labour Relations