Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Advanced
Our Trainers are all Microsoft Certified.
Microsoft Office Excel 2016 is the newest version of Microsoft’s popular spreadsheet program. This, the third level of Imsimbi’s training program, explores the advanced features in Excel 2016. Students will cover how to automate worksheet functionality, audit worksheets, analyse data, work with multiple workbooks, export Excel data and import/export XML data.
Automating Worksheet Functionality
This lesson gives students the skills to dig into automating worksheet functionality. Along the way, they will learn how to update worksheet properties, create and edit a macro, apply conditional formatting, and add data validation criteria to a workbook.
This lesson digs deeper into worksheets and students will learn here how to: trace cells, troubleshoot invalid data and formula errors, watch and evaluate formulas, and create a data list online.
Analysing and Presenting Data
Now that your students are very well versed in worksheets, it’s time to move into a deeper look at data with this lesson. Students will learn here how to: create Sparklines, create scenarios, perform a what-if analysis, perform statistical analysis with the Analysis Tool-Pak, and create interactive data with Power View.
Working with Multiple Workbooks
Often times, users of Excel will be juggling multiple workbooks at once and this lesson takes a look at that skill. This lesson will teach students how to: consolidate data, link cells in different workbooks, and merge workbooks.
Exporting Excel Data
Your students have their data and they want to export it, well they can learn about that here. This lesson covers how to: export Excel data, import a delimited text file, integrate Excel data with the web and create a web query.
Course outcome currently unavailable.
Lesson 1: Automating Worksheet Functionality
- Topic A: Update Workbook Properties
- Topic B: Create and Edit a Macro
- Topic C: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic D: Add Data Validation Criteria
Lesson 2: Auditing Worksheets
- Topic A: Trace Cells
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formula Errors
- Topic C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Topic D: Create a Data List Outline
Lesson 3: Analysing and Presenting Data
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Create Scenarios
- Topic C: Perform a What-If Analysis
- Topic D: Perform a Statistical Analysis with ToolPak
- Topic E: Create Interactive Data with Power View
Lesson 4: Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Topic A: Consolidate Data
- Topic B: Link Cells in Different Workbooks
- Topic C: Merge Workbooks
Lesson 5: Exporting Excel Data
- Topic A: Export Excel Data
- Topic B: Import a Delimited Text File
- Topic C: Integrate Excel Data with the Web
- Topic D: Create a Web Query
Lesson 6: Importing and Exporting XML Data
- Topic A: Import and Export XML Data