Microsoft Office Excel 2016 Basic
Our Trainers are all Microsoft Certified.
Excel is Microsoft’s powerful and easy-to-use spreadsheet program. This new version of Excel incorporates some new features and integration of features that were previously only available as separate add-ins.
This course is intended to help all novice computer users get up to speed with Excel quickly. We will cover different features of the interface, show users how to print, cover some simple scenarios, and cover the basics of formatting.
Getting Started with Microsoft Excel 2016
In this lesson, students will learn how to identify the elements of the Excel interface, create a basic worksheet, and use the help system.
This lesson covers how to create formulas in a worksheet, insert functions in a worksheet, and reuse formulas.
Modifying a Worksheet
Next, students will learn how to manipulate data, as well as how to insert, manipulate, and delete cells, columns, and rows. Searching for and replacing data and how to spell check a worksheet are also discussed.
Formatting a Worksheet
This lesson covers how to modify fonts, add borders and colours to cells, apply number formats, align cell contents, and apply cell styles.
Printing Workbook Contents
In this lesson, students will learn how to define the basic page layout for a workbook, refine the page layout, and apply print options.
Managing Large Workbooks
This lesson will teach students how to format worksheet tabs, manage worksheets, and manage the view of worksheets and workbooks.
Course outcome currently unavailable.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Excel 2010
- TOPIC A: Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- TOPIC B: Create a Basic Worksheet
- TOPIC C: Use the Help System
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- TOPIC A: Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- TOPIC B: Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- TOPIC C: Reuse Formulas
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- TOPIC A: Manipulate Data
- TOPIC B: Insert, Manipulate, and Delete Cells, Columns, and Rows
- TOPIC C: Search for and Replace Data
- TOPIC D: Spell Check a Worksheet
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- TOPIC A: Modify Fonts
- TOPIC B: Add Borders and Colour to Cells
- TOPIC C: Apply Number Formats
- TOPIC D: Align Cell Contents
- TOPIC E: Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Printing Workbook Contents
- TOPIC A: Define the Basic Page Layout for a Workbook
- TOPIC B: Refine the Page Layout and Apply Print Options
Lesson 6: Managing Large Workbooks
- TOPIC A: Format Worksheet Tabs
- TOPIC B: Manage Worksheets
- TOPIC C: Manage the View of Worksheets and Workbooks