Microsoft Office Word 2016 Basic
Our Trainers are all Microsoft Certified.
This course will introduce students to Microsoft Word’s most important features. Key topics include creating a new document, making it look professional and presentable, adding graphics, and customizing the Microsoft Word interface. After completing this course, students will be ready to use Microsoft Word to efficiently complete daily tasks.
Getting Started with Word
To begin this course, students will learn about the parts of the Microsoft Word 2016 interface, how to create a basic document, and how to find help in Microsoft Word.
Editing a Document
In this lesson, students will learn how to navigate through and select text. Modifying, finding, and replacing text is also covered.
Formatting Text and Paragraphs
This lesson explores Microsoft Word’s formatting tools. To begin, commands on the Home tab and mini toolbar will be discussed. Then, students will learn how to arrange text using tabs and lists. Paragraph layout tools, borders, shading, styles, and formatting management techniques will also be covered.
This lesson is all about creating, modifying, and formatting tables. Table conversion tools will also be covered.
Sorting, renumbering, and customizing lists will be covered in this lesson.
Inserting Graphic Objects
This lesson teaches students how to insert symbols and special characters. Techniques for adding images are also discussed.
Controlling Page Appearance
This lesson covers page formatting options, such as page colour and borders, watermarks, headers, footers, and the Page Setup dialog box.
Proofing a Document
This lesson explores the commands on the Review tab, including spell check, the Research pane, and the thesaurus.
Course outcome currently unavailable.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
- Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
- Topic B: Create a Word Document
- Topic C: Help
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
- Topic A: Navigate and Select Text
- Topic B: Modify Text
- Topic C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic C: Display Text as List Items
- Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
- Topic F: Apply Styles
- Topic G: Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Adding Tables
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 5: Managing Lists
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Renumber a List
- Topic C: Customise a List
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
- Topic B: Add a Watermark
- Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic D: Control Page Layout
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
- Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar