Team Building Course
Our Team Building Course is accredited by the Services Seta and material covers unit standards 252037 on NQF level 5 worth 6 credits.
The broad aim of this course is to create and maintain positive workplace relationships. The course is a fun based, interactive workshop helping to create an excellent team spirit within teams. The course is an interactive course where games, simulations, discussions, role plays are used to create an excellent well functioning cooperative team environment. The course can be offered outdoors or indoors where groups and teams experientially learn about cooperative team work. The course is designed for busy teams who are currently under pressure and strain and need a day to re-establish good communication patterns and warm interpersonal relationships amongst team members.Teams may be portrayed as effective work groups whose effectiveness rests in the degree of motivation, coordination and purpose and whose synergy produces energy and creativity which goes beyond them as individuals.
Upon completing this course, the participants should be able to:
- Define the key concepts associated with Effective Team Working and you will be able to:
- Identify the main obstacles to effective team working
- Understand the nature of the team formation processes
- Understand the critical components required for a high performance team
- Use these components to build a team that works effectively as a unit where synergy is evident
- Explain the benefits of developing and maintaining effective team work
- What is a Team?
- Working in teams confers the following benefits:
- Improved use of human capital resources through synergy
- Better communication
- Increased focus
The course will produce the following results:
- Create a team with the following characteristics
- Focus is on collective effort
- Performance is greater than the sum of the individual contributions
- The sharing of values and goals allows the leader to apply light steering pressure
- There is individual and mutual accountability for the overall performance of the team
- There is a high level of interaction between members
- Eliminate the following group characteristics, where:
- Focus is on individual contribution
- Performance is the sum of individual contributions
- Lack of cohesive values leads to requirement for strong leadership
- Accountability is on an individual basis with no overall responsibility for performance
- Low level of interaction between individuals
- Lack of trust between members
- The course will enable the team to develop the following characteristics:
- Membership is clearly definable
- Performance goals are well defined, clear and agreed
- Interdependency and collaboration are key to success
- Identification changes the thinking from 'I' to 'we'
- Shared values and principles unite the team
- The course will further focus on ensuring
- Interaction and communication levels are high
- Establishing productive working relationships
- Communicating with stakeholders to enhance productive relationships
- Demonstrating an understanding of the criteria for working as a member of a team
- Collaborating with other team members to improve performance
- Participating in building relations between team members and other stakeholders
- Respecting personal, ethical, religious and cultural differences to enhance interaction between team members
- Using a variety of strategies to deal with potential or actual conflict between team members.
MODULE 1: Self- awareness & EQ
- What is awareness?
- What is emotional Intelligence?
- The Glen Parker Team Player Types
MODULE 2: High Performance teams
- Team roles
- Stages of Team Development
- 5 Squares game
- Characteristics of high performing teams
MODULE 3: The Speed of Trust
- Trust walk
- Building trust between team members
- Johari's Window
- Conflict management
- Gratitude and appreciation
- Team effectiveness
All the sessions are interspersed with various fun, interactive games and simulations.