Microsoft Office Word 2016 Intermediate Course
Our Trainers are all Microsoft Certified, book your Microsoft Office Word 2016 Intermediate Course today.
This course is designed to help users who are familiar with Word’s basic features take their skills to the next level. You can also view our basic Word course here.
The topics covered include using tools like styles, macros, templates, mail merge, and building blocks to automate tasks. Students will also learn how to create complex documents using tables, charts, and various types of illustrations.
Working with Tables and Charts
To begin the course, students will learn how to work with tables by sorting data, controlling cell layout, and performing calculations. Students will also learn how to create and modify charts.
Customising Formats Using Styles and Themes
This lesson focuses on creating and modifying text, list, and table styles. Applying and customizing document themes will also be covered.
Using Images in a Document
This lesson will cover resizing images, adjusting image appearance and integrating pictures and text. Adding screenshots and videos to a document are also discussed.
Creating Custom Graphic Elements
Several other types of graphics are covered in this lesson, including text boxes, shapes, WordArt, and SmartArt.
Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
This lesson takes a closer look at Building Blocks, particularly Quick Parts and fields.
Controlling Text Flow
This lesson covers four main techniques for controlling text flow: setting paragraph options, using section breaks, formatting text as columns, and linking text boxes.
This lesson explores how to create, modify, and manage templates.
Using Mail Merge
This lesson focuses on performing a mail merge. Information is also provided on creating a data source and merging envelopes and labels.
The final lesson of this course looks at automating tasks using macros.
Course outcome currently unavailable.
Lesson 1: Working with Tables and Charts
- Topic A: Sort Table Data
- Topic B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic D: Create a Chart
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Topic A: Create and Modify Text Styles
- Topic B: Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Topic C: Apply and Customize Document Themes
Lesson 3: Using Images in a Document
- Topic A: Resize an Image
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic D: Insert and Format Screenshots
- Topic E: Insert Video
Lesson 4: Creating Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Draw Shapes
- Topic C: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 5: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic B: Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Topic C: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 6: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic C: Insert Columns
- Topic D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 7: Using Templates
- Topic A: Create a Document Using a Template
- Topic B: Create a Template
Lesson 8: Using Mail Merge
- Topic A: The Mail Merge Features
- Topic B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic C: Create a Data Source Using Word
Lesson 9: Using Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
- Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar